Star Trek (2009)

Gotta love it or hate it.

Or just settle in the middle.. I am not that much of a harcore Trekkie, but saw most of the series, some of the movies etc, etc... First thing occured to me was that, wait.. Kirk's father died like that? Second was listening to Bestie Boys in the 23rd century and driving a 200+ year old car (or a replica)? VULCAN GOT REPLACED BY A BLACK HOLE? OOOOH, OOOOOOOH! So it's an alternate timeline? (sorry for the spoilers) But srsly... What the F? This was a huge minus point for me. I mean, if they ever continue with these actors another movie, which timeline will it be? And.... AAAAH.. This is just.. Nevermind.
Visuals were totally ok, CGI was over the top, but next time go easy on the lens flare.. I mean, I was blinded every 2nd minute so it got kinda old fast. And action scenes in a ST film is ok by me, I mean we all know Kirk likes to punch people and is good with the ladys, so the characters and actors were really good. 'Damit Jim I'm a doctor...' Enough, rating now.
But the question first: Will I watch it again? Maybe.

IMDb rating: 8.2 (Top250 #139)
My rating: (would be a 9 if it was just a regular sci-fi movie, but it's an ST movie so) 7

Star Trek (2009) on IMDb
0 Responses